Saturday 30th March 2019
7:00pm - 12:00am
- Performance 8:00pm till 10pm
- Classic Jazz & Middle Eastern Meze Menu
- 2 sets of 45 minutes with a 30 minute interval
- Middle Eastern Meze is served until 9.30pm
- Doors open to the public free of charge at 10pm each night after the show for cocktails and late night music selections
Standing in for Xhosa Cole is Alto Sax the venerable Chris Bowden - check out his solo work available on Ninja Tune
Unity Quartet, is a Hammond Quartet in the style of the classic Blue Note Hammond Organ Quartet’s from the 60’s, covering classic tunes from Larry Young’s seminal album, Unity, the band play with fire, energy and burning swing.
Led on Hammond organ by Matt Ratcliffe , Unity Quartet features rising star and BBC nominated young jazz musician of the year Xhosa Cole on tenor sax, the in demand drums of Tymek Jozwiak and special guest trumpet maestro Percy Purseglove.
Percy Pursglove is a leading voice on the European Jazz and Improvised music scene An alumnus of the 'Jazz and Contemporary Music Program' at the New School University, New York City, Percy is now working as a freelance musician, composer, educator and recording artist based in the UK.
Some of the most prominent artists Percy has performed and recorded with include; Claudia Quintet (John Hollenbeck), Food with Thomas Stronen/Iain Ballamy, Bill Frissell, Paul Dunmall, Barry Guy, Peter Evans, Jon Irabagon, Hans Koller, Dan Weiss, Matt Brewer, Michael Gibbs, Thomas Morgan,John Hollenbeck, Mark Dresser, Victor Bailey, Drew Gress, Ben Monder, Phil Woods, Claudio Roditi, Jeff Williams, Chris Speed, Matt Mitchell, Evan Parker, Jakob Bro, Elliott Sharpe, Julian Aguelles, Vince Mendoza, Herlin Riley, Peter Erskine, Django Bates, Steve Swallow, Chris Potter, John O’gallagher, Gerald Clayton, John Clayton, Dave Liebman, Pablo Held, Dave Holland, Hamid Drake,Norma Winstone, Elbow, Joe Martin, Claudio Roditi, Enrico Pieranunzi, Dr John and Amy Winehouse.
Tymek Jozwiak (drums) was born in Torun, Poland. He moved to the UK to study with the late Tony Levin and Jeff Williams at the Birmingham Conservatoire. Since then has joined the ranks of the country’s most exciting new generation of percussionists. He has appeared with Paul Dunmall, Steve Tromans, Tony Kofi, Iain Ballamy, Mike Williams, Alex Bonney and Sid Peacock.
Matt Ratcliffe is a creative and versatile jazz musician pianist, keyboardist and composer. Studying in Birmingham Conservatoire with Liam Noble, John Taylor, Mike Williams and Pete Saberton, Matt has been very lucky to have worked with many great UK based jazz musicians and continues to develop his skills has a performer and composer, in this project Matt brings the fiery Hammond organ swing of Larry Young and serves up some funky grooves as well.Back to all events
- All seating is allocated by our Maitre d', who will make every attempt to accommodate your first choice. This is not always possible, and for busy events your party may even be split between tables. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We respectfully ask that you consider fellow listeners and artists by silencing mobile phones and keeping noise to a minimum during performances
- These are the premium seats, each one having clear sight lines to the stage
- You can request to be seated in Dizzy (raked theatre), Duke (side wall), Monk or Bird (bar stools), Billie (front of stage) or Mingus (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats on a first come, first served basis. (Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfill all customers requirements)
- Each of these seats is at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can also request to be seated in an area near the window (Ella or Satchmo). Please note, some tables have restricted view
STANDARD, SEATED IF AVAILABLE TICKET
- Standard tickets are realeased once seated tickets have sold out
- These are for any of the table seating not occupied by "seated" ticketholders, or for standing in the bar area behind the seated auditorium. We politely ask that you stand within this area so as not to obscure the view of the seated audience
- We are able to cater for bookings of up to 22 people in the area 'Ella' and up to 12 in 'Satchmo'
- We can also arrange for a standing buffet for more people on request
Please email email@example.com to discuss your enquiry
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor
ADVANCE TICKETS/ON THE DOOR
- Advance ticket sales finish at 18:30 on the day of the concert
- There are often tickets available on the door, but we would advise purchasing online as events can sell out well in advance