Root Down! with Lewis Floyd Henry
Friday 26th April 2019
7:00pm - 12:00am
- Kitchen Serves Middle Eastern Meze Menu until 9:30pm
- Free entry from 10pm for...
- DJ Daddio & The Jazz Ambassadors spin access all areas Jazz flavours from across the globe
At a time when a lot of music seems trapped in an interminably vicious circle of insignificant virtual releases, climbing another irrelevant “chart” on another irrelevant website or simply just rotting away in cyberspace.
Lewis Floyd Henry has been out on the streets and stages of the world evolving as a one man band and gaining the reputation of being a great live act. Whilst developing his unique approach to performing, musical ideas have flourished in the form of his own compositions and recordings.
A One Man, Multi Genre, Traveling Sonic Medicine Show
Lewis Floyd Henry takes the rarified tradition of the one man band, street corner, blues music of Lone Cat Fuller to an almost burlesque stratospheric level –a one man, multi genre, sonic medicine show. Lewis devised a foot operated miniature drum kit set on it’s side for his “rhythm section” with other pedals including loopers you can imagine the reanimated ghost cadavers of Son House, Jimi Hendrix and several bright orange dwarves dancing like voodoo puppets as he pounds out rhythms like an ancient, corroded 808 against a back drop of 60's psyche inspired grooves.
He sounds like Lone Cat Fuller jamming Captain Beefheart in Margate. What makes it so great is the loose one man band synthesis of Piedmont Country Blues, the occasional vocal flavours of Mick Jagger and the vintage ragtime jazz and skiffle leanings. You can even taste a bit of Hendrix, Son House and a slice of Hank III and Beck just to spice everything up a touch.
8 bit absinthe of authenticity
Look no further if you want to escape the relentless polish of 21st Century “plastique” overproduction and feed your ears something soaked in the 8 bit absinthe of authenticity – it will probably kill your speakers, it’s raw and gritty-it ain’t perfect but that’s what makes it so damn good.
One Man versus the World
Fresh from spending years busking the hard streets of London, let iconoclastic bluesman, and genuine, original, one man band Lewis Floyd Henry take you on a rickety old roller coaster ride. If you’re looking for something fresh, inventive, and suitably low-fi Lewis is your man.Back to all events
Root Down! with Lewis Floyd Henry
- All seating is allocated by our Maitre d', who will make every attempt to accommodate your first choice. This is not always possible, and for busy events your party may even be split between tables. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We respectfully ask that you consider fellow listeners and artists by silencing mobile phones and keeping noise to a minimum during performances
- These are the premium seats, each one having clear sight lines to the stage
- You can request to be seated in Dizzy (raked theatre), Duke (side wall), Monk or Bird (bar stools), Billie (front of stage) or Mingus (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats on a first come, first served basis. (Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfill all customers requirements)
- Each of these seats is at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can also request to be seated in an area near the window (Ella or Satchmo). Please note, some tables have restricted view
STANDARD, SEATED IF AVAILABLE TICKET
- Standard tickets are realeased once seated tickets have sold out
- These are for any of the table seating not occupied by "seated" ticketholders, or for standing in the bar area behind the seated auditorium. We politely ask that you stand within this area so as not to obscure the view of the seated audience
- We are able to cater for bookings of up to 22 people in the area 'Ella' and up to 12 in 'Satchmo'
- We can also arrange for a standing buffet for more people on request
Please email email@example.com to discuss your enquiry
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor
ADVANCE TICKETS/ON THE DOOR
- Advance ticket sales finish at 18:30 on the day of the concert
- There are often tickets available on the door, but we would advise purchasing online as events can sell out well in advance