Music, Meze & more | Mike De Souza Trio
Thursday 31st October 2019
7:00pm - 11:00pm
- Seated dining from 7pm
- Concert starts at 8pm
- Mediterranean and Middle Eastern Meze Menu served until 9:30pm
This new trio led by Guitarist Mike De Souza, perform all new original music, that seeks to take the typical ‘Guitar-led Jazz Trio’, and infuse innovative concepts of sound and structure, from bands such as Radiohead and Deerhoof, to name but a few influences. Having self-released their debut EP ‘Road Fork’ in December 2018, they have already had multiple plays on Jazz FM’s ‘Somethin Else’, being described as ‘Magnificent’ by Chris Philips, and Jez Nelson using ‘Fusionesque Pyrotechnics’ to sum up a live performance at Jazz In The Round.
This Trio also features two of the most exciting and distinctive rising stars from London’s vibrant jazz scene, drummer Jay Davis, and bassist Huw V Williams. Jay and Mike first met as students at Leeds College of Music in 2009, but their musical alliance only began to take shape when they took their studies further on the Masters course at Royal Academy of Music in 2012. After graduating they helped co-found the band ‘Big Bad Wolf’, with whom they released the debut album ‘Pond Life’ to critical acclaim in 2017, ‘One of the best albums I’ve heard this year’ - Mike Flynn (Jazzwise).
Huw and Jay first played together as Yamaha Jazz Scholars in 2012, and since then have gone on to play together as a rhythm section in many different projects. This Trio plays extensive and intricate compositions, that are bolstered by energetic improvisations, empathic interactions and daring explorations.
‘Fusionesque Pyrotechnics’ - Jez Nelson (Jazz FM)
‘Magnificent’ - Chris Philips (Jazz FM)
MIKE DE SOUZA – GUITAR/ COMPOSITIONS
HUW V WILLIAMS – DOUBLE BASS/ ELECTRIC BASS
JAY DAVIS – DRUMS
Music, Meze & more | Mike De Souza Trio
- All seating is allocated by our Maitre d', who will make every attempt to accommodate your first choice. This is not always possible, and for busy events your party may even be split between tables. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We respectfully ask that you consider fellow listeners and artists by silencing mobile phones and keeping noise to a minimum during performances
- These are the premium seats, each one having clear sight lines to the stage
- You can request to be seated in Dizzy (raked theatre), Duke (side wall), Monk or Bird (bar stools), Billie (front of stage) or Mingus (near piano) and we will do our best to allocate you to your chosen seats on a first come, first served basis. (Though we can guarantee that you will have a table, we cannot guarantee exactly where, as we do our best to fulfill all customers requirements)
- Each of these seats is at a table or bar where you can order food and drink with table service
- You can also request to be seated in an area near the window (Ella or Satchmo). Please note, some tables have restricted view
EARLY BIRD/ADV TICKET
- These are seated if the event is seated, or standing otherwise
STANDARD, SEATED IF AVAILABLE TICKET
- Standard tickets are realeased once seated tickets have sold out
- These are for any of the table seating not occupied by "seated" ticketholders, or for standing in the bar area behind the seated auditorium. We politely ask that you stand within this area so as not to obscure the view of the seated audience
- Seating in the areas Billie and Mingus will not be available for these events.
- Usually, other seating areas will be bookable, but please be aware that other audience members may obscure your view of the stage in some locations
- We are able to cater for bookings of up to 22 people in the area 'Ella' and up to 12 in 'Satchmo'
- We can also arrange for a standing buffet for more people on request
Please email email@example.com to discuss your enquiry
SPECIAL ACCESS NEEDS
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a suitable seat for you and your party
We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor
ONLINE TICKETS/ON THE DOOR
- Online ticket sales finish an hour before the listed start time
- There are often tickets available on the door, but we would advise purchasing online as events can sell out well in advance